1. When it Comes to Highlights, Less is More. All of those tiny, spaghetti-like weave highlights? SO 2004! Now it’s all about balayage—strategically placed, hand-painted highlights that imitate a month at the beach. They’re natural-looking and the upkeep is minimal, which means more money for things like, say, a month at the beach!
10. Pick The Right Products and Stick To Them. Nowadays, there is a shampoo and conditioner formulated for every hair type, so it’s easy to pick the best pair for your hair. Fine, colour treated, dry or curly? Modern chemistry means that there’s the right match—just ask your stylist!
11. Travel Wisely. Celebrities are always on the go—on location, on press tours, on holiday. Shifting between extreme climates—very warm to very cold—can take a toll on strands, leaving it dry and depleted. That’s why stars always travel with a rich, deep-penetrating conditioner and use it once a week or more. Another tip? Add a few drops of treatment oil like Biolage ExquisiteOil to your conditioner for an even more powerful shot of hydration!
12. Go On a Hair Diet. You truly are what you eat, and things like too much caffeine and sugary sodas can actually prevent your hair from growing longer and stronger. And if you smoke? Just stop, ok?
13. Say Hi to Dry Shampoo. This is one of Hollywood’s best-kept secrets. Dry shampoo is not only an effective way to keep your scalp fresh between shampoos, it doubles as a great texturiser and root booster. Use dry shampoo to keep your updo in place and add volume and “oomph” to your style.
14. Don’t Go To Your Colour Appointment With Dirty Hair. It’s a myth that hair colour “takes” better when your hair is dirty. Not so. Plus, it’s actually easier for your colourist to select the best hue for you when your hair is clean, because it’s easier to see your natural colour. Product build-up and oils can actually make your hair appear much darker than it really is!
To find a Matrix hair salon that offers these products near you, visit our Salon & Product Finder.
Want more hair tips? Chat with us on our social channels!
BiolageExquisite Oil Protective Treatment
Total-ResultsMoisture Me Rich Moisture Cure